Many years ago, a stand-up comedian asked Jerry Seinfeld for his best practices to be a great comedian. The legendary comedian gave him a simple yet surprising response: “Don’t break the chain.”
Every January, Seinfeld hangs a large year-at-a-glance calendar up on his wall. Every day that he created new content he drew a large red X through that day. Eventually, those red X’s created a chain. A chain that has been going on for decades.
What chain will you create for your business (monthly, quarterly, or to close out the year?)
Here’s the chain we are creating for our 90-Day Sales participants to commit to over the next 30-days:
Don’t Break the Chain (Pick One):
- 5/3/1/1 Outbound Sales Activities
- 5 – Help List & Fight Club
- 3 – New/Promoters/Advocates
- 1 – Connectors
- 1 – Other (People of Influence)
- 3/1 Marketing/Events Activities
- 3 – Marketing Activities (don’t overcomplicate)
- 1 – Showcase Event (Networking/Speaking/Advocate)
- Daily/Weekly Planning & Activity Reporting
- 30-Minutes on Sundays to plan for the week
- 15-Minutes in the morning
- 15-Minutes at the end of the day
- What must you be willing to sacrifice?
- What got us here won’t get us there.
- Sacrifice short-term pleasures for long-term gains.
- What are you willing to sacrifice?
- What aren’t you willing to sacrifice?
- You have to want to do it.
- There needs to be an internal motivation tied to purpose.
Accountability is a GOOD thing
- 50% achieve if they plan on how to do it.
- 65% achieve when they commit to someone they will do it.
- 95% achieve if they have a specific accountability appointment with a person they’ve committed to.
- What one thing/chain will you commit to for your business over the next 30-days?
- Why will this one thing help take your business to the next level?
- What obstacles will you overcome and sacrifices will you make?